Tuesday 28 August 2012

Alphabet Swatches

Latest addition to the alphabet swatches.




I want it to be a playful and enjoyable experience to view.  There will be mis-matching, overlapping, and padding with all the pieces coming together at the end.  Hopefully the piece will be visually unified, with not too much repetition of the same themes and forms.  I want each to stand out yet harmonize.  With regards to the idea that is driving me, play, it is still present in my thinking, although, I am becoming increasingly seduced by the basic forms and colours.  I have been thinking about what makes an item 'playful looking'.  The rectangles are a personal response to that.  I will be asking further afield.  
But looking at this wall makes me happy and excited, which makes me know I am on the right track.   
  


No comments:

Post a Comment